Austin, Texas – – Local officials, businesses, and other organizations are providing water, hot meals, and assistance to people seeking help after last week’s winter storm. Many nonprofits also ask for donations so they can help people who are homeless or in need of assistance.
Here is a list of the resources that will be offered on Monday February 22nd:
- The city of Leander has opened its location for the distribution of bottled water at Leander High School. Vehicles should enter from Lakeline Blvd south of Osage Dr (see map below). One case per vehicle. Delivery for a total of 750 vehicles. The website will be open until all supplies are used up.
- Del Valle High School – 5201 Ross Road (10 a.m. to 5 p.m.)
- ESD 6 / lake / bees’ cave – 1941 Lohmans Crossing
- ESD 9 / ESD 10 – 9300 FM2244
- Manor ISD Athletic Complex / ESD 12 – 14832 FM 973, Manor
- Circuit of the Americas – 9201 Circut of the Americas (3 p.m. to 7 p.m., food also available)
- The city of Georgetown has water for those in need. Williamson County Judge Bill Gravell asked people to stop by the Williamson County Jail parking lot to pick up water.
DOWNLOAD THE FOX 7 AUSTIN NEWS APP
- The Austin Latino Coalition, together with Rep. Gina Hinjosa, is offering free hot meals from 11 am to 6 pm at St. Elmo Elementary at 600 W. St. Elmo. There are food boxes, tacos, boxes of water and household / personal hygiene items too.
- Veracruz is offering 500 free tacos to those in need thanks to the money raised by the local roller derby team Free Radicals. They’ll be handing them out from 10am to 6pm at Sims Elementary
SIGN UP FOR FOX 7 AUSTIN E-MAIL ALARMS