Austin breweries help with the water supply while the city waits for deliveries
After Austin Water customers found their taps were running dry, Brewing decided it was right to share their supplies.
Austin, Texas – – Thousands of Texans in and around Austin lost electricity, water, or vital services during a winter storm, resulting in freezing temperatures and dangerous road conditions across the state.
City officials, local businesses, and other organizations provide water, hot meals, and support to people in need. Many nonprofits also ask for donations so they can help people who are homeless or in need of assistance.
Here is a list of the resources offered.
WHERE CAN I GET FREE WATER?
People who choose to leave are reminded to bring their own containers.
DOWNLOAD THE FOX 7 AUSTIN NEWS APP
WHERE CAN I GET A FREE HOT MEAL?
365thingsaustin and whenwherewhataustin both compiled lists of FREE meals being given out today. Please note that some of them still offer regular menu items. To take advantage of the free meal, you may need to mention the 365thingsaustin contribution.
- Buenos Aires Cafe: Offers 200 free meals (milanesa + potatoes, spaghetti and meatballs, stew)
- Chilantro: 400 free pods
- China Harbor: 300 meals (Chicken Fried Rice or Chicken Lo mein) from 1pm
- Taco Deli: 1,000 free tacos from the Crestview and Gracy Farms locations
- Old Thousand – East: 100 meals from 2pm
- La Pera: 200 crispy El Camaron taco meals from 3pm
- Pho-natic: 400 chicken or beef pho from 2 p.m.
- Revival Coffee: 500 meals from Frida Friday, plates from some of her favorite restaurants from 2pm
- Schlotskys Northcross: 300 small sandwiches from 11 a.m.
- Gemini Lion: 200 meals from noon
- Thai Fresh: 50 meals from 11 a.m.
- Vic And Al’s: 450 meals (dirty rice and chicken thighs) from 1pm
SIGN UP FOR FOX 7 AUSTIN E-MAIL ALARMS