AUSTIN (KXAN) – Do you need a hot meal in the event of a power or water failure?
Several places in the city are offering meals on Friday for those affected by power outages and freezing temperatures.
Cotton Holdings, a Houston-based disaster recovery company, will be serving meals at three Austin locations between 10:30 am and 10:00 pm.
- Chi’Lantro, 11005 Burnet Rd. From 10:30 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. They have 400 meals.
- Old Thousand North, 4805 Burnet Rd. 100 meals are available from 2pm to 9pm.
- Old Thousand East, 1000 E. 11th St., 2 p.m. to 9 p.m. and 100 meals available.
Austin Winter Storm Relief’s GoFundMe account is raising funds to provide free meals to people. Here are all the places in town that offer free meals that the aid group organized:
- Buenos Aries Cafe, 1201 E. 6th St. Starts at 11am, 200 free meals
- Taco Deli (two locations), 7301 Burnet Rd. And 12001 Burnet Rd. Starts at 12 noon with 1,000 tacos in two locations
- La Pera (pick-up from East Austin Culinary Studio), 2100 Robert Browning St. Starts at 3pm with 200 tacos
- Schlotzskys Northcross, 2545 W. Anderson Ln. Starts at 11am, 300 sandwiches.
- Gemini lion, 4815 W. Braker Ln. Suite 510. Starts at noon with 200 meals
- Thai Fresh, 909 W. Mary St., starts at 11 a.m., 50 meals
- China Harbor, 801 E. William Cannon Dr. Starts at 1 p.m. with 300 meals
- Phonatic (two locations), 2525 W. Anderson Ln. Suite 280 at Austin and 200 University Blvd. # 530 in Round Rock. From 2 p.m. onwards, 400 meals will be distributed among the locations. Mention Koko when you go there.
On Saturday, the Central Texas Food Bank will host a bulk food distribution event at Del Valle High School from 12:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. It was originally supposed to be from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Food bank officials say while these distributions typically go through they will not turn away anyone in need of food. There will be a designated walk-in area. All mobile pantry distributions on Friday will be canceled.