Austin, Texas – – Spring is here and that means plenty of opportunities to get outside and enjoy a picnic or cookout. Figuring out what to make can be difficult, but FOX 7 Austin’s Tierra Neubaum has some quick and easy recipe ideas for you to try.
ITALIAN PASTA SALAD
Italian pasta salad recipe from FOX 7 Austin’s Tierra Neubaum
Tierra shares a quick and easy recipe that uses some fresh ingredients.
- 1 box of Rotini
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/8 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon of Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1/2 cup red bell peppers, chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- ½ cup black olives, sliced
- ½ cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped
- Optional add-ins: salami, feta cheese, paprika flakes
- Cook the pasta according to the package and allow to cool
- Combine olive oil, garlic, red wine vinegar, salt, pepper
- Add all the other ingredients to cook and cool the pasta, pour the dressing over the mixture and mix everything thoroughly to make sure the dressing covers the pasta salad evenly
- Adjust with spices if necessary. ENJOY!
DOWNLOAD THE FOX 7 AUSTIN NEWS APP
LOOSE MEAT SANDWICH
Loose Meat Sandwich Recipe from FOX 7 Austin’s Tierra Neubaum
Tierra has a quick and easy recipe idea inspired by her Iowa roots.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 2 Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon of brown sugar
- 1/4 cup of water
- Chop the onion very finely
- Brown onion & ground beef
- Add all other ingredients to the mixture and cook over medium heat until the water has evaporated
- Put on your favorite bun and top it with ketchup and / or mustard and cucumber. ENJOY!
SIGN UP FOR FOX 7 AUSTIN EMAIL ALARMS
CAYENNE CARROT AND POTATO FRIEZE
Recipe for cayenne carrots and potato fries from Tierra Neubaum by FOX 7 Austin
A cookout when the weather is nice always requires a few good things. Tierra has a quick and easy recipe that is perfect for your next one.
- Cayenne pepper
- olive oil
- Cut potatoes and carrots into long vertical slices (cut carrots a little thinner than the potatoes so everything cooks evenly)
- Coat the slices with olive oil, then with paprika, sea salt, and as much cayenne pepper as you can handle
- Bake at 400 ° for 30-40 minutes until the edges are crispy (I recommend not using parchment paper, so that you get that nice crispness).