Travis County and many surrounding counties will be warned of a winter storm beginning Thursday, February 11 through the weekend, with freezing temperature predictions associated with rain and possibly ice and snow. Given these dangerous circumstances and driving conditions, many restaurants and food trucks in the Austin area have decided to remain closed today.
Eater is tracking cold-weather-related closings for the following day in alphabetical order. Do you know of other Austin restaurants / food trucks / bars / breweries / wineries that are weather-affected today? Let Eater Austin know at [email protected]
Prepare yourself against the bad weather at home with soup, ramen, coffee, tea and hot cocktails. Tip very, very good; Be sure to wear a mask. If possible, opt for pickup. However, when ordering delivery, try ordering direct from the companies themselves. and again tip very, very good. Be careful out there.
- Wooten Salat Drive-Thru Baby Greens is closed for today Thursday 11 February and will post updates on whether it will reopen or stay closed for the duration of the storm.
- Dripping Springs Brewpub Beerburg Brewing will be closed from today, Thursday, February 11th until the end of the weekend. The reopening is planned for the following weekend.
- The Pflugerville grill and sandwich restaurant Brotherton’s Black Iron BBQ is closed today, Thursday 11th February.
- The Craft Pride beer bar on Rainey Street is closed today, Thursday February 11th.
- The Cuantos Tacos truck from Central East Austin is closed tonight, Thursday February 11, but plans to reopen on Friday, February 12.
- The Dripping Springs Brewery Family Business Brewing Company is closed for today, Thursday, February 11th through the weekend.
- The soul food restaurant Fowler’s Smokin in Pecan Springs-Springdale is closed today, Thursday February 11th.
- The Jester King Brewery and Restaurant in Dripping Springs are closed today, Thursday February 11th.
- North Loop’s vegan dessert truck Milky Way Shakes is closed for today Thursday February 11th and will post updates on whether it will reopen or stay closed for the duration of the storm.
- The Highland Taco Truck Paprika is closed for today Thursday February 11th, but plans to reopen on Friday February 12th.
- Hill Country Restaurant Proof & Cooper expects to close on Monday February 15th.
- The Signor Vineyards in Fredericksburg is closed from today. The reopening is scheduled for Thursday, February 18th. This also means that the Valentine’s Day tasting will be canceled.
- The Vegan Nom food truck in East Austin is closed for today, Thursday February 11, and will post information on whether it will reopen or stay closed during the storm.